Do You Need A Mold Inspection in Miami
Mold in your Miami home or business is not only unsightly, it can also pose a health hazard irritating your eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. This makes many wonder if they should have a mold inspection. Surprisingly, while mold inspections are recommended for those buying or selling real estate, there are many times when a mold inspection is not necessary, but may simply be a costly endeavor that serves little or no purpose. Here is a look at when you should have a mold inspection and when a mold inspection may not be necessary.
When to Consider Mold Testing
You should consider a mold inspection in the following circumstances:
- When you can't see any mold or mildew, but can smell mold. When you smell mold, but can't see it, a mold inspection can help identify where the mold is and how much there is.
- Whenever there have been plumbing or water issues. If you have had leaking water in your home, or minor flooding conditions, a mold inspection is a good idea to ensure that there is no mold growing in these dampened places.
- When You are Experiencing Health Problems- If you are displaying symptoms that are related to mold such as coughing, sneezing, and headaches and your doctor can't pinpoint a specific cause you may want to have a mold inspection to determine if mold is causing your symptoms and affecting your health.
- When Selling or Buying Property in Miami- Having a mold inspection when selling or purchasing property products both the seller and the buyer from problems down the road.
- Whenever there is a Landlord/Tenant Dispute over Mold Problems- If a tenant is claiming to feel ill due to mold then the landlord may want to get a mold inspection in order to ensure that his property is habitable.
When You Don't Need a Mold Inspection
If you are living in a house or have building where mold is visibly present. Then having a mold inspection is not necessary. Instead call in a professional to treat the existing mold and to solve whatever problem may be causing your mold problem.
You also don't need a mold inspection, if you don't smell mold or mildew, and no conditions exist in your home or building that are likely to result in mold becoming a problem and no one in your household or business seems to be suffering any symptoms related to mold.
Can I replace a Mold Inspection with an At Home Mold Testing Kit
Many people feel that they can save money by using a home mold testing kit to check for the mold rather than paying the big bucks for a professional mold inspection. However, the simple truth is that those at home mold testing kits are waste of money and really can't take the place of professional mold testing for the following reasons:
- All homes and buildings have some mold spores, so just because a home test kit reveals there is mold spores in your building doesn't mean that you have a mold problem.
- Home mold kits don't include visual inspections. Visually inspecting various areas of the home is a large and significant part of a mold inspection. It won't do you much good to know there is mold in your home, if you don't know where the mold is located.
- Mold samples can be misleading. Unless you have a professional reading the results of the mold samples that have been taken, you still may not know whether or not you have a mold problem in your Miami home or business.
Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about Miami Real Estate or are looking to buy or sell. Miami Real Estate Official are local specialist and part of the number 1 agency in Miami Dade and South Florida whom have helped numerous clients with real estate needs accomplish their real estate goals.